This is a data protection information for the use of the website http://www.milan-illustrations.com (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”) in force from 2017 MILAN ILLUSTRATIONS AGENCY S.a.r.l., with registered office in Chemin des Esserts 59, CH-1936 Verbier (VS) – Switzerland, in its quality of data controller (hereinafter referred to as “Data Controller”) informs users pursuant to the Federal Act on Data Protection of 19 June 1992 (‘DPA’) and its ordinances and the EU Regulation no. 679/2016 (“GDPR”) that it processes personal data provided by users by using or registering to the Website, in particular:
- identification personal data (e.g. e-mail address, first name, last name, title, address, telephone number – hereinafter referred to as “data” or “personal data”) provided by users in case of registration to the Website (e.g. for contact requests);
- usage personal data transmitted by the users’ Internet browser every time the Website is accessed and it saves usage personal data in protocol files known as server log files. This data includes: IP address (Internet protocol address) of the accessing computer; name of the page accessed; date and time of access; referred URL, from which the user accesses the page; amount of transferred data; status message for successfully accesses; session ID number.
Purposes of the processing
The Data Controller processes users’ personal data without prior users’ consent pursuant to the DPA and the GDPR for the following purposes:
- to fulfil users’ requests (e.g. management of requests of contact);
- to allow users’ registration to the Website;
- to allow illustrators’ registration and access to the reserved area of the Website;
- to allow illustrators’ uploads of their images on the portfolio within the reserved area;
- to allow new illustrators submit their applications for collaboration;
- to provide the services available through the Website (e.g. management of the registration process and access to the account, etc.);
- for the Website technical management and its operational functions (including logistics), including solving any technical problems, statistical analysis, tests and research;
- to prevent or uncover fraudulent activities or misuses that is damaging to the Website;
Nature of providing personal information and the consequences of the refusal
Providing personal data is voluntary and optional.
Users’ may freely decide not to provide personal data, as well as they may subsequently revoke their consent to process personal data already provided: this may prevent users from the use of the Website and from the services of the Data Controller.
The processing of users’ personal data is made only if necessary and is carried out electronically by means of operations indicated in the DPA and in the GDPR and namely: collection, registration, organization, storage, consulting, processing, modification, selection, extraction, comparison, use, interconnection, access and communication, blocking, erasure and destruction of the data. Said processing operations shall be carried out through electronic and not-electronic means.
Access to data
Personal data will be processed by the Data Controller’s staff deputed to the processing of personal data (including, but not limited to):
- employees and consultants authorized to manage the Website and supply the related services (e.g. customer services, IT department, etc.) in their quality of persons in charge of the processing and/or internal data processors and/or system administrators;
- employees and consultants in the legal, marketing, finance, administration, and accounting and other relevant department of the Data Controller, in their quality of persons in charge of the processing and/or internal data processors;
- third party companies (e.g. IT services providers, hosting providers, etc. such as Blubit and Mr. Andrea Testa in relation to Adwords) to which the Data Controller outsources some services involving processing operations in their quality of external data processors.
Communication of data
The Data Controller may communicate personal data to third parties in their quality of autonomous data controllers for the following reasons:
- to permit to third companies a merger, acquisition or sale of all or part of the Data Controller assets;
- to fulfill the obligation provided by the law, regulations, protocols and national and EU legislation;
- to implement laws required by public Authorities;
- to allow the defence in court, for example, in case of violations by the web-users.
Your data shall not be divulged.
Data transfer outside the EU
The Data Controller stores your data in Switzerland, compliant to the adequacy decision of the European Commission no. 2000/518 dated 26/5/2000.
Storage and deletion of data
The Data Controller stores personal data for the time necessary to achieve the purposes for which data are collected and further processed, including any retention period required under the applicable legislation (e.g. retention of accounting documentation) and, in any case, for a maximum of 24 months from the storage of the personal data.
To improve browsing on the Website, the Data Controller uses the so-called cookies. Cookies are small text files, generally made up of letters and numbers, that are saved by the users’ web browser on their PC and contain pseudo-anonymized data. Cookies permit a website to recognize the users’ computer, to trace their browsing through several pages of a website and to identify those users who return to a website.
Cookies can be technical, analytics and profiling.
The Website uses the following technical cookies:
|cookieconsent_dismissed||Cookie tecnico||Memorizza le impostazioni di utilizzo dell’utente in relazione all’accettazione della policy sui cookies||1 mese|
|cookie_notice_accepted||Cookie tecnico||Memorizza le impostazioni di utilizzo dell’utente in relazione all’accettazione della policy sui cookies||1 mese|
|wordpress_test_cookie||WordPress||Cookie operativo utilizzato dal WordPress||session|
|wp-settings-1||Wordpress||Cookie operativo utilizzato dal WordPress||session|
|wp-settings-time-1||Wordpress||Cookie operativo utilizzato dal WordPress||session|
|wordpress_logged_in_||Wordpress||Cookie operativo utilizzato dal WordPress per memorizzare l’utenza di collegamento a WordPress||session|
The Website uses instruments reducing the identification impact of cookies such as “gat._anonymizelp” to ensure the anonymization of the IP addresses (so-called “IP-masking”) and Google does not match information collected with others it already avails of as indicated in its policy at the link: www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/tos.html.The Data Controller informs users that they can deactivate or remove cookies in their web browser following the instructions given at the following links:
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies).
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=it_IT&viewlocale=en_US).
- Google Chrome (https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en).
- Opera (http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/).
The Website uses also Analytical Cookies set by third-party providers, for example, by Google.
a) Google Analytics
The Data Controller uses the web analytics service Google Analytics offered by Google Inc. (“Google”), in order to analyze the usage of the Website’s pages. The information generated from cookies about users’ usage of the Website’s pages is usually transmitted to and stored in a Google’s server located in the USA. The Data Controller utilizes Google Analytics exclusively with the extension “ga(‘set’, ‘anonymizeIp’, true)” ensuring that IP addresses are only processed as a shortened version, in order to exclude any direct reference to individual people. Google may communicate data to third parties, only in case if it is required by law or provided third parties process data on behalf of Google. Google will not disclose the users’ IP address in association with any other Google data.